Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Sunday, July 24, 2011
Our prayer today is that the Lord would continue to work in us a heart of giving in the midst of our circumstances. No matter what those circumstances may be, we know one thing for sure; HE IS FAITHFUL AND WORTHY. May that be the message of our lives.
2 Corinthians 8:7
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
We all know that each day holds too many tasks but God doesn't ask us to do everything. He simply asks us to do what He has called us to do. Sometimes we must just get dressed in the morning and allow God to lead our day as the tasks ahead seem far to big. Trust God and just get dressed; then follow His leading to do what He has called you to do and nothing more.
May He bless your day, increase your faith and give you hope for tomorrow!
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Ferry Family – Chris, Tina, Georgia (7) and Reese (5)
God’s Call On Our Lives – A Timeline
Over the past 4 years, God has been asking us to step forward in obedience to explore the ministry calling on our lives. Our journey, as God has designed it for our refinement, has very much been a journey of obedience to take the next step without fully knowing the ultimate destination. God has been faithful to reveal the next step and bless us abundantly when we move forward in faith. We have a heart for the world and are excited to see how God will use the sacrifice of our lives for eternal purposes.
2008 – Chris went on a mission trip to India and God used that experience to highlight his God-given abilities. God began to woo us towards the idea of missions.
2009 – Our family took the 12 week Perspectives in Missions course at New Life Church. This course gave us a deeper understanding of the history and future of missions. Our girls, Georgia and Reese, came to understand and have a passion for missions.
2010 (Spring) – Chris and Tina attended an in-depth Missionary Assessment (MAC) with Converge Worldwide. We were recommended to serve with Converge as missionaries with two conditions – 1. That we take a vision trip to the place we felt God was calling us to serve 2. That we each complete 30 hours of formal Bible training.
2010 (Late Fall) – We took a vision trip to explore ministry in Granada, Spain.
This trip accomplished –
- God used this trip to seed passion about furthering our Bible training.
- Allowed us to spend more intimate time with Converge leaders to aid in determining if Converge is the best sending agency for our family.
- God solidified our ministry focus of Leadership Development and Discipleship
- After this trip our place of ministry is still unknown but we have a heart-leaning towards the Latin Culture. We continue to seek Him for direction and will continue to take short term trips to explore ministry locations.
2011 (Spring) – Torchbearers Bible schools began surface frequently from several different sources.
- We visited the Winter Park Torchbearers School (Timberline Lodge) and were encouraged by their Leadership Development teaching style.
2011 (Late Spring) - Attended a week-long ALTECO Conference (Amazon/Lowlands Agency).
This conference accomplished –
- As we had further exposure to Christian Tribal leaders, National leaders and World-wide missions organizations we felt confirmation that the Torchbearers School would serve us well as we seek to practically apply our education in the mission field.
- Opened our eyes and hearts to the needs in the Amazon and the possibility of a ministry to equip and disciple the existing Tribal and National Christians to reach the 207 unreached tribes in the Amazon region. Thus, we are planning to take a family vision trip in the 2012.
Present (May, 2011) –
- Schooling – Chris and Tina are to attend the Timberline Lodge Torchbearers Bible School in Winter Park, CO Fall of 2011 and Spring of 2012. This intensive 40 credit hour, 1 year program will fulfill the requirement for Converge and all other missions sending agencies we are considering. Georgia and Reese will attend Winter Park Christian School and are currently enrolled for the 2011/2012 school year.
- Lodging – Praise the Lord, Tina’s boss is graciously allowing our family to live in her Winter Park condo for the entire 2011/2012 school year.
- Appointment as Rock missionaries; allowing us to raise support for our 9 months schooling and reduced living costs.
- Funding for our schooling and partial living expenses. Tina will continue to work very part time to retain our family’s health insurance and cover the cost of our girl’s Christian education.
- Rental of our current home in Highlands Ranch CO for 9 months. We are hoping to rent our house to minimize monthly expenses.