Ferry's In The Jungle

Ferry's In The Jungle
1 Peter 1:22b "Love one another deeply, from the heart."

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Whole chickens, bone soup, and muffins...oh my

My friend Sofia taught me how to cook chicken over an open fire.  But first, I had to learn to process a whole chicken. There were points of the process that I wished for a machete. Too much bone sawing just makes a stomach churn.  It's on my Christmas list!  Even the our local butcher is pleased as punch that this white lady buys whole chickens -- neck, feet, guts and all.  Keeping it real? I still have to pep-talk myself to process these deliciously fresh cluckers. But, I'm learning....

To the right you see a typical soup with bone and all.  The flavor is amazing but using fingers is a must!

On the left is Reese and her friend Amelie making something like blueberry muffins.  They don't grow blueberries here in Ecuador but we've found a small black-ish berry that works great!! Baking is a big part of each week because we have to make everything from scratch.  We love this because it's healthier and we are learning to organize our days to make time for this necessity.  In fact, the girls are becoming quite the little sous chefs!


No comments:

Post a Comment